About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 27 July 2017

Farewell to friends old and new.

If I hadn't had to go to the back cabin to lock the door last night, I would have missed this.






The plan was to stay at Beale Park today. The meadows and woods (thank you, Sue, for pointing me in that direction) needed exploring and the bugs had to be photographed. Ian wanted to get our tax returns out of the way and he is best left alone for this as a distraction from me and a wrong figure could go into a wrong column. We don't want to pay Inland Revenue above what is owed now do we!  I was ready to set off for my walk when Sue and Vic cruised past. Another brief chat with them, this time about the merits of a steering wheel versus a tiller.  Sue admitted that she did keep turning the steering wheel on No Problem XL in the wrong direction at first. All those years of pushing a tiller in the opposite direction may have had something to do with it.



Sue at the wheel with Vic keeping an eye on things. Oh and that looks like Meg on side lookout duties.

Sue and Penny (who is now on a lookout).

I knew I would eventually get that photo of Vic.

Farewell No Problem XL
 About 10 minutes later it was the turn of Carol and George to come past.



Till we meet again and thanks again for the tea and biscuits and showing us around your fabulous boat.

Farewell Still Rocking.


Settled down to do some fishing after lunch. For a good hour it was cast after cast, fish after fish. Then suddenly nothing. Alongside the boat came this black shape. What on earth???? Blooming Comorent popped up right by my swim. Oh well, there goes my fishing for today!

And on my bug hunt,















On the back of a nettle leaf

No comments:

Blog Archive