About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 3 February 2017

Those rocks came a bit close.

OMG, words cannot describe the sheer feeling of terror and exhilaration experienced on the jet boat ride this morning. Reaching speeds of above 50km/h and getting so close to the rocks as we zoomed past I must say was just a little bit scared. But what fun were those 360° spins? Ian and I argued over this, I reckoned we did 9 but Ian felt it was nearer a dozen. And yes we got very wet! A video was taken of us and we will download it when it appears on their site. In the meantime some photos taken by the team of us and some that I took when we arrived including the video. It shows just how near to the rocks the boat gets.




I'm the girlie one in the blue hat! Ian is sitting behind me.




Once we had dried off it was into Queenstown to do the Skyline Gondola to Bobs Peak. Parking was a nightmare. We drove round and round for over 45 minutes before we eventually found one space which had parking fees to pay. So we paid the $12 for the afternoon. It was the only way we could get to ride the gondola. Views from the top were fantastic and we even had a spot of lunch overlooking the Luge track. Ian was so impressed with it that he just had to have a go.








To bungee from this height....are they insane!!!!






We have decided against Milford sound. It's another 250km from Queenstown and the days are slipping away fast. Instead, we head for Invercargill and possibly Stewart Island

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Gosh that video made my eyes water! I think I will be as sorry as you when your trip ends - I have so enjoyed my daily catch up. It has been the most amazing adventure. When do you come back to the UK, or would you rather not think about that?!!Jennie

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

I am truly surprised that neither of you bungee jumped - what on earth stopped you, intrepid people?

Doubtful Sound is to be saved for your next trip over here - you will love it!

M&D xox

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Jennie, We arrive home in April and yes it is something that doesent bare thinking of. This has been the most amazing adventure with only another 2 months left. So lots more tales coming your way. Xxx

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Sorry Marilyn. Ian might be game at throwing himself into the air and hanging by his feet watching the ground coming up fast....but I certainly do not! He even wants to jump out of a plane. I always knew there was something wrong with his mind! Xxx

Blog Archive