About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Stop press....narrowboat attacked by giant dragonfly!

Had the fright of my life this morning. There I was enjoying a well earned cup of tea,( having walked three miles into town and back in this heat with a back pack full of shopping) when through the open side hatch I spies this thing flying around and emitting a very loud buzzing sound.



Now, I hear you say, it's only a dragonfly but have you ever had one flying erratically through the boat crashing into windows, furniture and more frightening aiming for ones head! In between trying to duck out of it's way I managed to get a several photos. Thinking of sending one of them to the Friends of President only I cant find anywhere to send the photo. Anyone have any ideas? Anyway taking life in ones hand (metaphorically speaking) I managed to get to the front of FS, open the doors, unzip the cratch cover and with it whizzing past my head, away it flew.









And seen out of the side hatch






No comments:

Blog Archive