About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 28 August 2016

Bl**dy 'ell who turned the water off!

7.30pm. What a time to run out of water!  We had plenty in the canal, for once, so that wasn't the problem but as for the water tank in FS.....oh 'eck how could we have used so much in under a week? There I was in the shower when the pressure drops. All lathered up and only a trickle comes from the shower head. Immediately I blames Ian for turning on the galley tap on. "Nothing to do with me" he shouts back and then we hear the pump...making a horrible chuntering whirling sound. "We're running out of water" shouts Ian. "You had better get rinsed quickly". So with the pump grumbling and the water coming out in the odd spurt, I just about managed to get the soap off. "Suppose I'd better go fill the tank" says he begrudgingly, and was about to disappear off the boat when the rain started big time. "Not going out in this!" said he. "Just have to make do with drinking beer and wine!". So for the rest of that evening  that's what we did, but to flush the loo and fill the kettle for the morn we had to rely on our bottled water kept for emergency's... just in case....a bit like this one I suppose.

Sunday 28th
Not a bad start to the day. Up early to fill the tank. Suppose we are lucky that we can get water from our bungalow. The tenants are ever so obliging although quite what they thought of us running the water and cutting down of their water pressure so early this morning, well heavens knows. Anyway nothing was said when we saw them so expect all was okay. This was to be our final day at Sandiacre and those last jobs were being done round the bungalow when I had a surprise visit. Coming toward me was Debby Nb Chuffed  Wow how lovely to meet at last. Felt like greeting an old friend especially as we follow each other blogs. Having walked round to the lock to say hi to Dave I helped them up the lock (well I opened and closed a gate anyway!) I expect we will meet again tomorrow when we head off to Langley Mill and they head back down to Trent lock. Time for another quick natter as we pass each other I hope.

And seen during this week.







Emerged from the depths right outside our side hatch.





No comments:

Blog Archive