About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 8 October 2015

Pesky escapees

Wow a result. Jennie came good when emailing her son Mark about the moth, Mark replied within 30 minutes of me posting yesterday. Massive thank you Mark. I can now reveal the Moth is a Herald and Mark sent me this link  telling me all about it. .Wonderful when bloggers can help each other out.

Lovely start of the day, sun shining and a good time to get more Sloes. Yes we bought another 3 bottles to make more Sloe Gin so Christmas could well be a good 'un.

Had a bit of a disaster later in the afternoon. I no longer thought I would need to keep the wrigglers in my bait fridge as the nights were now getting chilly and the sun wasn't really strong enough to keep the battery topped up.. When I went into the well deck what should I spy but maggots all over the seat and floor. What a task lay ahead. Trying to pick them up was bad enough but they get into every nook and granny and it must have taken the best part of 2 hours to find them all. I still don't know if I have found every one....no doubt time will tell when we are inundated with flies!!

So not had time to go out and take photos so today just the one I'm afraid. Cygnets are still with the parents at the lake.




No comments:

Blog Archive