About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 17 May 2015

Another day at Slimbridge, action shots

Two days of being on my feet all day has about 'done me in'. Didn't help that I had to walk to Slimbridge twice because I had left my purse on FS! The day was as good or better then yesterday mainly because I left Ian behind. Now don't get me wrong, I love visiting places with him but his biggest bug bear with me is the fact I keep stopping to take loads of photos. He gets impatient, which I really cant blame him for. Anyway only 715 taken today. Concentrated more on the action shots. So here are a few more to look at.






Bewick Swan dance

Avocets fighting

Female Ruff with worm

Male Ruff

Blue tit

Red Shank




Greylag goose

Eurasian Crane with egg



Mandarin duck





Greater Flamingo




Greater Flamingo


White Headed Duck




2 comments:

Carol said...

Fantastic photos as usual. Thank you for sharing your visit to Slimbridge!

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Thank you Carol. If ever you get on the Gloucester and Sharpness it really is a must do visit.

Blog Archive