About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 27 June 2014

Can't think of one

Post title that is. It's been a nothing sort of day. Ian's been gone for hours just so he can fetch the car. He left at 9.15am to catch the bus to Stafford station (30 mins), train to Long Eaton (1 hr 45 mins) and then another 20 min bus ride to Sandiacre. Then it's a question of sorting out ones finery which is packed in suitcases in the garage for the up and coming wedding. Best bib and tucker and all that. I did what I said I would do yesterday and that was to clean FS from end to end. The rain started by mid morning so all my plans on another afternoon fishing went out of the window. I did happen to notice the grass cutting gang on the tow path opposite. Maybe all the emails sent by all those folk that moaned about state of the towpath (including us) has worked its magic. Shame it was so wet and I did feel sorry for the men having to work in these conditions. But come rain or shine the work must goes on.

Photo taken this morning


This one later in the afternoon during a lull in the heavy rain.
An odd rumble of thunder was heard in the distance this afternoon and judging by the sky I thought we were in for quite a storm. But apart from a torrential downpour, which lasted all of 5 minutes, it has been a mixture of showers and light rain.


Stafford Boat club went very dark. Its a wonder the lighting didn't come on.

Looking toward the club house.

Our mooring for the week, behind Icing.
 Because I was getting bored I had a go at downloading a game by the Bigfish games apps. It's called Empress of the Deep and so far I'm not doing to bad. Do have to use the hints a lot but no doubt I'll improve as time goes on.


Well, I'm still waiting for Ian to return. We had hoped to nip into Stafford to do a bit of shopping but time waits for no man so it may have to be abandoned until after Christine and Grandchildren visit tomorrow.



No comments:

Blog Archive