About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Amazed how big it was.


I'm ill. Woke up just as the birdies were starting their morning song with a sore throat and that horrible feeling of being bunged up. Took a couple of Paracetamol and went back to bed. A few hours later a cup of tea was placed on the shelf beside me which made me feel a bit more human again. With it being Market day at Penkridge I dosed up on Beechams capsules and set off with Ian, Dennis and Margaret to what we thought was a small set up. We were amazed at the amount of stalls and produce available and far from being a small affair it was huge. Well worth a visit if you are ever in Penkridge on a Wednesday.
 


Once back to the boats we helped Dennis and Margaret up through Penkridge lock for them to wind. They need to be heading back to Stafford boat club at the weekend and with loo's needing emptying it seemed like a good idea. Unfortunately 2 boats happen to come along as they were setting off so Ian and I had a triple amount of locking to do. Having left them to return to the mooring I headed off to Ians Tackle shop for bait and even though I felt like death warmed up, decided I had been long enough without fishing to warrant a session. So glad I did 'cause I managed to land this decent roach.


I have included these photos because I found it most bizarre that this female Starling would try repeatedly to fetch something from the water. Needless to say I have no idea if it succeeded in it's quest 'cause I didn't see anything in the water in the first place!




 I have been pill popping all day but still feel awful. I think an early night might benefit me, that is if I can get some sleep with all this sneezing and coughing!

One very scruffy Blackbird. Looks as if it came off worse in a fight.


No comments:

Blog Archive