About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 3 May 2014

Thats a big'un

Brrrr. Talk about cold this morning. Our temp gauge read -3 at 7am and our Houdini was covered in ice. And that was on the inside! I sort of guessed it would be cold 'cause the sky last night was chrystal clear. Shame about the light pollution from Burton though as only a few stars were visible.





With the sun soon warming the land as well as the boat, it was a great opportunity for some boat painting. The majority had been completed on the dry dock but certain jobs needed tittivating. A second coat on the back counter and swan neck for a start.



While Ian was getting on with those jobs I risked planting my tub. I'm sort of hoping we have no frost tonight as clouds are already building and these Dianthus need protecting. I'm only allowed one tub of flowers. Ian reckons the boat would look to much like a giant coffin covered in flowers so just the one tub of pretty very low blooms and the rest are planted to herbs!

Indian Pinks
I went for my usual walk round the lake and couldn't stop Jade enjoying a refreshing swim. The water was so clear and inviting I almost wished for a dip myself. It was the thought of freezing water that would have put me off though!


I still need to finish FS's spring clean. So far I have finished the bedroom, bathroom and all kitchen cupboards but I couldnt bare to be stuck inside on a glorious day like today so I went fishing instead.

Still have the gap! Not sure why boaters don't pull up to us. Could be the stuff we have on the roof makes us look like a dosser boat.

Coo thats a big 'un ( well it is for me (: )

No comments:

Blog Archive