About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Human Scarecrow needed





I found it! The bird scarer! I couldn't see it yesterday only heard it....a lot......and because Jade is having serious issues with the thing going off every 30 minutes or so I wanted to see just how near to FS it really was. Well I walked back to the same field yesterday where I saw all the geese and sure enough there they were again. Looking around to see if I could find the thing, it suddenly went off. Well talk about jump out of my skin! I nearly had a heart attack it was that loud. As for the geese, they never batted an eyelid. I eventually found it poking through the hedge and pointing directly at the geese  The geese did take off  but only when I walked toward them. So I should send a note to the farmer. All that is needed is a human scarecrow. One would only have to walk the fields from 6.30 in the morning (yep that's when the first bang starts) until dark, around 9pm. A mere 15 hours! It's no wonder Jade is living in perpetual fear at the moment!




One goose flying right over it.
 On my way back I noticed a red blob in the middle of the field. Turned out to be a highly coloured male pheasant.


Moored opposite the field.
Tomorrow we need to top up the water tanks (we have 2) and empty the loo's again. Christine's due date was today but still no sign of baby making an appearance. So with Josh at school from 9am till 3pm we feel we can get to Shobnall and back in plenty of time.

No comments:

Blog Archive