About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 11 May 2014

Got very cross with Jade!

Sometimes I despair with Jade. I know she's getting deaf so shouting a command does no good at all but my open arm signal for 'come' always works. Well that was until today. We had set off fine to walk round the park, I didn't have her on the lead as she seldom needs a restraint usually staying in sight. For some reason we got to where the ducks and geese usually hang out and she stopped dead. Okay I thought I would take a few photos while she was having a rest. When I looked round Jade had started walking away from me in the direction of the boat. She stopped and looked back at me so I gave her the signal. Did she come to me? did she heck!!! She blatantley turned round and started walking away. I followed after her but by now she was a good 50yds away. She stopped again so I again gave her the signal. In fact I even walked in the opposite direction to see if she would follow. Not a chance!!! She stood and looked at me, I stood signalling like mad but to no avail. So now I was starting to get mad. I purposely walked back to her to try and turn her round but she turned tail and fled! Did she sense that I was mad? Probably!!! Anyway I found her back at FS waiting to get back on board. I was so cross with her that I clipped on her lead and literally dragged her back to the park. She was NOT going to get the better of me. She walked by my side like a dream and I felt my heart melting. I just couldn't stay cross with her any longer. By the time we got back to the boat she and I were best friends again. I'm still wondering what caused her to disobey me. I don't suppose I will ever work that one out but I do so hope we don't have a repeat of that tomorrow!

I spent the day at Christine's, but only for my own peace of mind. It was today that Ian had his MRI scan at Nottingham hospital, a good hours drive from Swadlincote. With Christine experiencing false labour pains all last night, I didn't want to risk not being able make the dash to their house if the baby decided to make an appearance. So Ian had to drive me from Branston to Swad before then driving all the way back to Nottingham for his appointment at 1pm. I'm still hoping against hope that the result will be positive but we wont know that until the 22nd when we are due to see the consultant. Anyway having had a cup of coffee and with Christine feeling up to a short walk with the Woofits, we set off in the dry managing to dodge the showers and I was very relieved that Jade behaved herself and came back to me when I signaled. Maybe dragging her round the park taught her I meant business.


Echo (Jades sister) on the R
After lunch Kevin asked if I would like to go with him and Josh to the river. He had been baiting a stretch for quite a while in readiness for the fishing season to start in June. Barbal is what he's after so getting the fish used to Halibut pellets would, he hoped, help him in his quest.

Josh using the catapult to launch the pellets in the far side of the swim.


And Josh trying it for himself.
With mission accomplished Kev then drove me back to the park. Ian had also returned from the hospital which in my opinion was a blooming good job as he had the boat keys! So we are still waiting. Wonder if tomorrow will bring me my new Grandchild? Oh I do hope so!


Dark skies ahead. Weekend is finished and most boats have disappeared leaving us by ourselves again.
 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Dear Irene,
I am needing a new camera really for doing my blog. Now I know its not the camera that takes the pictures.... but yours really are FAB photos, so I was wondering what camera you have?

Thanks
Lisa
NB What a Lark

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hello Lisa. Well it's hard to recommend a camera as they are all so good these days. I actually have two that I use. For my wildlife and some landscape scenes I use my Canon 600D SLR with 70-300 lens. With this camera I also have it's original lens 18-135. For the majority of landscapes and for all my close-up macro photography I use a bridge camera Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ48. I purchased a macro lens specifically to take my bug photos. A lot of the photos are taken on shutter priority but then you get into ISO settings and shutter speeds so until your really got to grips with the camera Auto is probably your best bet. Thank you for appreciating my photos and good luck with your new camera purchase. Oh and since finding your blog have loved reading your adventures. Hope to meet in the flesh one day.
Irene

Blog Archive