About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 16 December 2013

Still 3 more to go!

Another Christmas meal ticked off the list. Thats made 3 so far and we are only in mid December!. Only another 3 to go before I can finally give sigh of relieve and start the long awaited diet! And by golly I need to lose some of the pre Christmas weight as in February we are off to Norway. It's an all inclusive cruise to find the Northern Lights, something both of us have wanted to do for a long time. No doubt the pounds will pile on once the cruise starts, which could be a bit embarrassing when I find that the warm outer clothing supplied by the tour operator for the excursions could be to small for me to squeeze my bulk into ( sizes had to be supplied with the booking ).

Anyway this weekend saw us once again at Colin's for Christmas dinner and party games. To say it went well is an understatement. It was fab-u-lous! First we had the Network rail party at Iwona's work. The bosses pulled out all the stops for the kids including a magic show, lunch and a visit to Santa.

From L to R Iwona (front), me, Kevin, Christine, Ian (at the back) and Oscar, Josh and Oliver (front)

Josh sitting next to Oscar (Santa hat, yellow balloon) and Oliver (Santa hat, red balloon)

Engrossed in the show

I think Kevin got more out of Santa's grotto then Josh.

Then it was Oliver and Oscar's turn

And I thought I was on my own!

Goodness knows what I fed Colin to make him grow as tall as that!

Once the party was over it was back to the house to cook Christmas dinner. No turkey on the menu as I thought I could buy fresh but all I could get was frozen ones. Bit late to try and defrost in a day so I found a extra large Rooster instead. It was huge, fed us all and we even had some left over for the next day! Before we served dinner the presents had to be opened.


It's a hoody!


Time with Nana before bed
 Later that night the Poker came out. Needless to say I lost big time so it was a good job it was only with Poker chips! We all dragged ourselves to bed in the wee hours of the morning only to be woken early by Echo and Jade wanting to go out! No lie in for me so, with the kitchen and room looking like a bomb site, it was get stuck in to the cleaning and tidying. So that's family Christmas over. The main event will be at our friend Pat, her first Christmas without Keith so we need to make it a good un.

Colin's present to himself earlier in the year qand he just had to show off his drumming skills.

And finally:-





No comments:

Blog Archive