About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Not a lot to show of the aftermath

Since my scary moment  last week when I legged it down the lane, I haven't ventured that way since,  deciding instead to go the long way round along the towpath to the Nottingham canal. So today I thought I'd give it another go. As I had anticipated, all the larger fallen branches that had littered the road had been moved to the sides and most of the smaller stuff broken up by passing cars. Not much to show for why I rushed to the scrub land but small piles like this lay all along the length. I was very surprised to see that the small tree at the start of the lane had lost it's top! Maybe this was one of the loud cracks I heard on that memorable day!





Looking down the lane. The tree in front had it's top snapped off by the gales.




The Great Northern Basin (where we moor the boat) is to the L side of the Great Northern pub.
And finally:-






No comments:

Blog Archive