About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 9 December 2013

Explore your camera part 2....completed and with ghostly apparitions!

So now I should have no excuse to taking fabulous photos right? Well it's not that simple because although I now know about shutter speeds, correct exposures, using manual mode, f numbers (depth of field), ISO, focus points etc etc and what certain functions and settings do to the photos I take, it's not always easy to do in practice. If I'm taking a photo of a flower, for instance on one setting, which isn't moving and suddenly I spy a heron in flight and want to take that photo, I haven't got time to change the settings before it has disappeared into the great blue yonder. So to my mind, that's where auto does come into it's own! But I will persevere with getting my head round it all and hopefully one day I will take a perfect still photo of a bird in flight! Here are some of my attempts during the course.

Showing movement by panning

Here I was trying to freeze the movement but I had incorrect shutter speed.

My next attempt was much better.
Showing perspectives. Keeping the subject in the frame and then taking two photos, This one with wide angle

This one with zoom but I have moved back to compensate.

 For a bit of fun we were even shown how to make it appear that we had photographed ghosts. Those of you who know your way around a camera will immediately know how its done!



And finally:-









No comments:

Blog Archive