About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 5 November 2013

This post is for everyone that actually finds spiders fascinating

It was 8.45pm.......... I was watching Masterchef.........engrossed at the delights of chocolate and strawberry deserts when suddenly Ian rushed to the kitchen cupboard, pulled out a whiskey tumbler and proceeded to run it along the top of our paperbacks. Thinking he had gone totally mad I asked what on earth he was doing. Thats when he told me not to freak out and try to be calm. Why????? This is why.


 It was huge! It nearly filled the bottom of the tumbler. Now spiders are necessary. They get rid of nasty flies so we should be pleased that they build their webs and invade our boats. I don't dislike them but I am absolutely terrified of the beasts. If they stay still, fine. But if they move.............I just freak out. It all goes back to when I was a girl of about 6 or 7. It's one of my earliest and most terrifying memories. I was with my mum and brother staring up at the ceiling at this huge spider when it suddenly dropped, right on top of me!!!! With my passion for macro photography I felt I had almost overcome this fear, photographing them at all angles. This is what I did with this one but I couldn't get a good photo of it under the glass. I asked Ian to lift the glass and with me inches away from the thing started clicking the button. Then it ran!!!! Straight at me and all my irrational fears came rushing back. I lost it completely.  Screaming I begged Ian to find it and get it out of the boat. My heart was pumping, feet up against the book case eyes searching in vain for the beast. Ian spotted it though. With one massive lunge he captured it once again under the glass tumbler and sliding a piece of paper under the glass got the spider away from me and out of the boat.

A few more spiders photos





5 comments:

nb Bonjour said...

They are fab photos, well done! I share your feelings - fascination and fear :)
Debby

Roger and Pat Filler said...

Are you back home yet or you sitting out the rain?
Rog

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Roger,

Not quite. We wont be up to Langley Mill until sometime next week. Will let you know when and then we can arrange our meal.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hello Debby,

So glad you liked them. As you may have gathered I love close up photography and am always delighted when other people like them to. Thanks for looking at my blog.

Unknown said...

No no no. This post is ALL wrong........LOL

Blog Archive