About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Finally I can cook again

It's in. The cooker has been installed and is working a treat. Although Ian didnt feel hundred percent today he insisted on finishing what he had started and after making some wooden supports to fix the cooker to, he connected the gas, tested for leaks, and hey presto all the rings oven and grill lit first time. We had to try the grill first because thats one of the reasons for changing the cooker. If we wanted toast in the morning we would have to put it under the grill the night before. It was painfully slow and only toasted parts of the bread. With the new grill  one side of the bread was brown within 30 seconds. A great result. I'm not going to post any photos today because we are still in a mess and I want to show the kitchen off in its best light. Instead I'll just post a few of my wildlife photos.

Anyone fancy adding a caption to this? This is Heth's TakeyTezey contribution - "The other guy should never have told me that ugly duckling joke, I laughed my head off!"

Peacock butterfly


Wind blowing bullrush seeds


Hoover fly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irene,

Caption: "The other guy should never have told me that ugly duckling joke, I laughed my head off!"

Hxx

Blog Archive