About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 19 January 2013

Strange prints in the snow!

We had another dumping of snow yesterday. Another 3" to be exact. It wasn't until just before 9pm when it stopped. By the time it came round for Jades walk I had a quick look out of our galley window to see if I needed my snow gear and was in time to see a fox running down the neighbours drive, straight across the frozen canal and disappear over the fence by the facility block. How it knew it could walk on water is anyone's guess. Wily old fox comes to mind. Anyway the snow had stopped and the woofit got her last walk of the night. Then this morning I had to feed the feral cat adopted by our house neighbour. To get to their house one has to walk up a fairly dark and secluded drive. Thats when I noticed the prints in the snow!!! I knew that both the fox and cat had been down that way but these prints got me completely baffled. What on earth could have produced them. The prints only started at the drive entrance and stopped before the house. No other footprints were visible other then that of the fox, cat and birds. Has the beast of Bodmin moor finally made it to Langley Mill??? And if so where did it go? I will leave you with the ever so slightly worrying prints.




Large prints next to fox and bird.


My foot prints are on the right.
Plenty of snow fell yesterday giving us another 3-4"

3 comments:

Bill Allsopp said...

Perhaps a badger?

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Bill
If it was I wonder where it disappered to as the prints just stopped. Not seen them since and we have have had another good covering of snow here. The only prints now are of the fox, cat and birds.

Anonymous said...

im no detective but how about a hare ..... ps thanks for feeding the cat. P&C

Blog Archive