About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 14 January 2013

First snow of the winter

Seems like my main blog picture was right after all! Snow had fallen steadily throughout the night giving us a good couple of inches by early morning. It all looks really pretty, I know, and, dont get me wrong, I love it when its all nice and crisp and white but with  4 steps to climb from the mooring before getting onto the main path, the icy conditions made it treacherous underfoot to say the least! I only just saved myself from an icy dunking!





 While Ian went for his blood test to check that he could have his treatment this afternoon, I took Jade for her first walk of the day. By the time I returned an hour later the snow had developed into what I call proper size flakes, so getting back on board the boat and sitting close to a roaring fire with a cup of hot coco was absolute bliss. Ian returned not long after with the good news that his white blood cell count was normal and that his chemo can go ahead as planned. By 2.30pm  the sun had came out. The thaw began causing great lumps of sticky snow to fall to the ground and with plummeting temperatures forecast overnight I expect a very icy start to tomorrow morning!

Winter wonderland
Proper snow.








3 comments:

James said...

Good news on Ian's B' count :-)

Jo Lodge said...

That is excellent news on Ian's blood count.
We had a lot of snow at Welford and it was lovely, but today it is very dicey under foot.
Stay safe xxxxxx

KevinTOO said...

That's a bit of New Year news that everyone will like hearing. Well done Ian, a good start to the year :)

Kevin & Harry

Blog Archive