About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 9 November 2012

Can anyone identify this plant?

This single plant was growing on scrub land along the disused Nottingham Canal.  Very pretty but it's bugging me that I cant find any reference to it from the web.

4 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Hi Irene,
My mum (Sheila) says it's Red Witch Hazel (Hamamelis X intermedia Dianne) see www.northamptonshire.co.uk/gardening/hamamadelis_feb04.htm for more info.
BTW that new bar thingy at the bottom of your page is causing problems when I go to make a comment... sorry
Kevin (Sheilas son... LOL)

KevinTOO said...

Sorry, bad link, try this...

www.northamptonshire.co.uk/gardening/hamamelis_feb04.htm

KevinTOO said...

p.s bottom bar gone now and comments access OK :)

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hello Kevin,
I have looked at the link and I do believe your mum could be right. Tell her she is a star:) I'm not sure why you could see the bar at the bottom of my blog. I thought it was for 'my eyes only'. Ian said that there must have been a glitch on the way I installed it. Sorry.

Blog Archive