About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 26 July 2012

A large present dropped outside our boat

I found a note right by our back deck, stuck to a stick and pushed into the ground. Why was that you may ask? This was why!


As we have ' and Dogs' written on our cabin side I was mortified thinking someone might think it was our dog that had produced this mound. Out came the shovel, scooped up the offending pile and placed it far into the hedge. It wasn't until much later this morning when Malcolm from Nb Manju came along and told me that he had placed the note for us to see  in case we stepped in it. Thank you Malcolm.  Now, if I could just get hold of the dogs owner.............
I have also met another fellow blogger. First, though, a boat came up Penkridge lock with the name Debdale I knew the name and suddenly realised that Adam and Adrian used to be co owner's on this boat before buying  Nb Briar Rose. If by any chance you read this blog Adam, Debdale still looks in very good condition..
Then looking across to the facilities block was another boat name I recognised. Nb Piston Broke. I had a very brief chance to say hi to Lynne and Paul as they left the facilities. Much later I again met up with them when they came from the direction of the pub. ( I assumed they had been to the pub, but there again they may have come from the village.) Good to meet you at last.
Today our friends Carole and Alan arrived on Nb Marmaduke. After sitting down for a long natter and coffee we all departed for the Boat Inn here in Penkridge. The meal was typical pub grub, very good value and plenty of it. The beer wasnt to bad either and we had a lovely afternoon, sitting in the pub grounds sunning ourselves and regaling each other with boating tales.
Ian and I are now sitting outside enjoying the last of the sunshine. ( well I have been fishing  for the last hour until I thought I aught to write my blog before the drink got the better of me. After all I have been on the beer and red wine since 1.30pm. Hic Hic.)

1 comment:

Adam said...

Glad Debdale is still looking good. She's moored at Gt Haywood now, so is probably along that stretch quite often!

Blog Archive