About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Good grief! Is that a robin I see in a tree???

No......... not the sweet little bird that sings its head off and watches as you dig the garden.



 But a Del boy  type  yellow  Reliant Robin





It's amazing how the owner got it stuck in the tree.  I cant even hazard a guess as to how it ended up there!!

Anyway to continue with today's events. Got underway very late this morning as I wanted to visit the farm shop at Wooten. Then just as we were about to leave, boat after boat arrived all going in our direction. So decision was made to let the inevitable queues at the lock die down before we set off. If you remember in a previous post I lost all the photos I took of the section between  Lapworth and Wooten as I mistakenly deleted them all. So this time I was determined to get the pictures I wanted.

This is an amazing property in the style of the typical Stratford lock house. All the windows look like glass as you will see in the next two pictures.

Great reflections of our boat and........... .....







 Quite bizarre looking at this photo

I don't usually appear in any photos because I'm always the one with the camera but Ian did take these just to prove that occasionally I do the locks.


I'm trying, and failing miserably, to hold my stomach in!
Its been a great day today. The sun has shone for us nearly all the way to our mooring. We could have made it to Lapworth by tonight but this looked a lovely peaceful, if somewhat overgrown, spot to moor and I wanted to try and catch a fish.. The bonus for me was the 2 woodpeckers and grass snake that showed up while I sat quietly fishing..

Green Woodpecker







Bit over grown but a great mooring none the less.

1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

I love that car in the tree, I photographed that when we were that way. Great pics of the woody and snake.

Have a lovely weekend when it arrives.

Blog Archive