About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 7 June 2012

A boring day

Its been that cold, wet and damp today that we ( or should I say I ) decided to light the fire. Ian left for Nottingham after lunch and sitting here listening to the rain beating down on the roof got me quite chilly. I haven't even been out to take Jade for a proper walk, letting her, instead, do her tiddles on a grassy bit outside the boat. For goodness sake we're into June and surly the fire shouldn't be lit at this time of year!!! Another two weeks and we will have the longest day! What is going on with the weather!! I felt so sorry for the hire boats going past. The rain has been relentless and those on the tiller looked very bedraggled. I'm very glad our hiring days are over!
 So there's not much to blog about at the moment. I cant see us leaving here tomorrow as the forecast is for more rain and strong winds. Another day to sit and read and generally catch up on programs recorded weeks ago.

Rainbow captured last night



No comments:

Blog Archive