About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 21 May 2012

A procession of Willow Wren boats

I was very surprised to see boat after boat of Willow Wren cruisers come by this morning. All displayed symbols of Rugby Teams. Those on the boats, as well as loads of walkers, were collecting for the Matt Hampson Foundation  to raise funds for disabled sportsmen and women across the UK. In all 12 boats took part, the majority being that from Willow Wren, but a few stragglers on the end came from different hire companies. I took loads of pictures but for some reason my memory card in my camara developed an error and insisted that I format the card. Off course I had no option but to comply and so lost all the photo's taken of the procession as it passed. All I managed was these at the end.




I was amazed to find they had walked a fair few miles, all at their own pace, the others having long gone. Good on them!


1 comment:

Andrew said...

Re the camera card playing up. Nine times out of ten the photos are there and a small glitch has occurred. I had an SD card play up the other day took some time to trick it into working but it did in the end.

Blog Archive