About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 25 May 2012

A ferret pays a visit.

I definitely did a double take when I noticed this coming toward me. He is owned by Wendy, a lovely lady who is into witchcraft and will sell spells for a modest fee. Not sure I believe in that kind of thing but you know, if it rocks your boat.....Anyway the ferret lives inside a converted dolls house in Wendy's boat and regularly takes a wander along the towpath.



Today Ian has left for Nottingham. The car can be a blessing at times but also a hindrance. Bruce from Nb Sanity again told me ages ago that getting rid of the car was the best thing he did. I do agree but while we are tied to the hospital it is a luxury ( or money pit ) we must hang on to.

Now I'm going to see if anyone can help identify these birds.







. First I thought it was a garden warbler but reading my bird book I'm aiming more for a Whitethroat. Watching this bird do a peculiar flight dance seems to tie in with what my book describes. Has anyone else any idea's?
Then there is this sorry looking specimen.




I'm not sure if it is one of this years chicks but from which bird?

Ian has returned and we are once again supping beer in this lovely evening sunshine. So excited that we will be finally on the move again tomorrow. Where we will moor is dependent on how we feel. It's so nice to please our selves for the time being. How long that will last is in the lap of the Gods Hospital.

No comments:

Blog Archive