About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Tuesday 22 May 2012

close encounter with swarming bees

Sometimes it doesn't pay to be clever with a camera. I had noticed bee activity around one of the lower wood pecker holes and thought I would be clever and try to get a close up. I found to my cost this was a big mistake. Before I knew it hundreds of angry bees were leaving the hole and buzzing madly around my head. I didn't think I could run that fast and even the dog seemed a bit panicky. Thankfully I wasn't stung but I had to warn a cyclist coming toward me of the danger. I did manage this picture before it all kicked off. I think Ive learnt t my lesson. Never mess with bees!!!


No comments:

Blog Archive