About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 4 May 2012

Batty pair of tits.

Today's post is not about  Colin's extension build, I don't think blogging about mundane things like, swept floor, painted skirting's filed holes, cut up wood etc was worth mentioning. That's why showing the wild ife round the park is at least something worth looking at. First thing I noticed was  tits going backward and forward ( keep it clean!) with all manor of small insects in their mouth. I followed them to see where they were nesting and found they had made their home in a bat box. Hence the title!





I love this time of year when everything looks fresh and animals and birds are busy procreating. These squirrels were chasing each other up and down the branches, prelude to mating perhaps?



In the distance a Kestrel continually called. I have yet to find its nest but I'm assured by Jill on Nb Windrifter that every year they produce two babies, always rearing them successfully. I'm amazed that Norman the mouse has survived this long!



Also high above me was this trio of Cormorants. Because fishing is my hobby, seeing these birds swimming low in the water and diving for fish makes me mad. I know what your thinking, they have every right to survive and I agree, but in rivers and seas, not in canals!

My least favourite bird. The Cormorant.

As you may have gathered I love Campbell Park. The amount of wildlife to see and photograph is amazing.

Woodpecker holes peppered this tree.


Rabbits playing in the early morning.

Pied wagtail


Chaffinch

Even the snail has its place in my pictures



Only seen the one Jay.


Plenty of Magpies
 





I call these the weird threesome. They are always together. The drake follows the pair round were ever they go..
 

Robin working hard to feed its young. It's beginning to look very scruffy.


Heron preening.
 Now all I need is a herd of deer and fox cubs playing to make my day. I can dream can't I?

No comments:

Blog Archive