About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 30 March 2012

A defunct camera

The one day when I want to record the rest of the boats arriving for the 'do' and what happens? My camera packs up!!! I have tried the factory reset, taking the battery out and fiddling with the menu. I have even read the book from cover to cover, all to no avail. All my photos are now a vivid purplepink I still have my old camera, the one where the shutter doesn't close, so I may have to resort to using that until I can purchase a new one. These pictures shows why I can no longer use it.


This shows Ian Margaret and Gillian trying to squeeze Bracken in between Electra and Icing. Poor picture quality was beginning to be evident.


Heather with the mop trying to prise the boats apart. Ian and Gillian look on.


Trees are beginning to take on a pink hue.


This is how all my pictures have turned out.


3 comments:

Dave Winter said...

Hi,
The problem with your camera may be a faulty CCD image sensor, see this site for details...
http://camerarepair.blogspot.co.uk/2007/11/canon-digital-cameras-showing-black.html

Anonymous said...

Well at least it can be seen that pink is not a good colour for a narrow boat.
Norwyn

NB Shell Bell

www.shell-bell.co.uk

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Dave,

I have looked at the web address you gave me, but it seems to be a trouble shooting site for the Canon Camera range. As my camera is a Panasonic Lumix, I cant see it being much use to me. What you have made me aware of is that I may be able to get it fixed. Many thanks for your comment.

Blog Archive