About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 3 February 2012

Snowy Kilby.

I suppose there will be loads of pretty pictures posted today as the first snow has arrived this year. I make my own Christmas cards so I get very excited about taking loads of wintry photo's. I'm really looking forward to the expected snow fall over this weekend although I must give a thought to those people stuck  in temperatures of -35 in parts of Europe. My daughter-in-law, Iwona, comes from Poland and her parents live on the Polish / Chek border at a small village called Nova Sonch. about a 2 hour drive from Krakow. Thankfully they have a warm central heated house but Iwona's Grandma, who is 91, still lives in a traditional wooden house with a stove to burn wood and only her chickens for company. I'm beginning to wonder  how she is coping with the freezing conditions. She could stay with Iwona's parents but she is a very independent old lady and prefers to stay with her birds. No doubt Iwona will let me know how she is getting on.
We have had a lovely relaxing day today. After the trauma of yesterday we feel we deserve it. Tonight we are being taken for a meal by our best and oldest friends Pat & Keith ( 40 years we have known each other ) so I don't even have to do any cooking. I will leave you with the ineffable winter photos.

Weak winter sunshine at Kilby Bridge

 
Looking from the road bridge. We are the very last boat


Canada Geese


Kilby Lock


No comments:

Blog Archive