About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 23 January 2012

The miracle of Wonder Foam

I'm actually quite ashamed of showing these pictures. Its true what people say, you never see whats under your nose. Well yesterday Ian had a bit of a mishap. He had just poured himself a glass of white wine and placed it on our table beside our chairs. On the back of his chair was one of those lumberjack type shirts and as he swung the chair to get up and get his dinner, the sleeves of the shirt caught his glass and showered the table, chairs and the rug with wine. The glass shattered leaving loads of tiny pieces all over the floor. Big panic to clear up the shrouds of glass before the dog walked on them so the cleaning up of wine was left until we had made absolutely sure that no glass was left. This meant that the rug was last to be wiped and although we couldn't see the wine stains on it I thought that giving the rug a good wash in the morning was probably a good idea. So here are the pictures that had made me cringe:-


I hadn't realised the rug was as dirty as this!!

 Many years ago I had seen on TV a product called No Wet Wonder Foam. ( Can be bought from Amazon or ebay considerably cheaper then the advert! ) Thankfully I had some on the boat so I decided to give it a go. 'Wow' was all I could say. It is the most amazing carpet cleaner I think I have ever seen. There is no need to wet the carpet or rug just pour in a capful to 16 fl oz water and agitate till it produces a foam and that's all there is to it.
 
I just used the foam on a sponge and rubbed that over the rug.



Almost like new!
 After leaving it for an hour, I vacuumed the rug and then it was back on the floor as good as new.
Marvellous. I can now hold my head up high again.


2 comments:

Darren said...

What temperature was the water you used to dilute the foam.

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Lukewarm but I think it would work just as well in cold water. It's the foam that is used not the water.

Blog Archive