About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 31 October 2011

Another Burnt boat

Another day of seeing fellow bloggers. I only know them by reading nb No Problem bloggers list but it was nice to see them and give them a wave. We came across NB Oakfield and NB Go For It when we were traveling toward Atherstone Lock. We also met Roy on NB Gerald while descending Atherstone Locks. He was moored at Kilby Bridge  a couple of years ago at the same time as us and he kindly ordered our coal from one of his contacts because we were getting a bit desperate. No doubt they will all have encountered the sunken boat by bridge 21. It's a bit of a hazard having been sunk so near the bridge 'ole', and I wonder how long it will take for BW to remove it. This is the second plastic cruiser we have seen burnt. this year!



.    As I usually take the boat through the locks imagine my surprise, and horror, when Ian announced that it was about time I did the hard work for a change. I started off full of enthusiasm and raced round like a person demented. After the 4th lock I was starting to wilt and by the time Ian called a halt between lock 9 and 10 I had given up the will to live!!! The moral to this tale is "Ian," you can do the last 2 tomorrow"!!!!!

Ian waiting for me to set the next lock.


Still game but starting to wilt!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi i was miles away when you pass us once you had gone pass i said to tina that you blog as well , hope we meet up soon

Blog Archive