About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Yep we've been had!

The story so far.....At just before 10am I get a phone call. Its from that fellow!!! "Sorry but dad in hospital and I cant get back until this afternoon". "Okay" says I "We will stay put until you arrive". "No don't do that" he says. "Go on to Stourport because its easier for me to park. I'll phone you when I arrive and you can tell me where you are." Of we set and we moor up topside of the basin lock. Then we wait, and wait and wait. As we have his phone number we tried twice to contact him and each time we get a voice mail from a girl called Lisa. Funny that, I thought we were dealing with a fellow!!!! He (or was it a she???) told us his name was Jason Buster so with that information plus the phone number and the number plate of his scooter ( DX 58 CXK ) we will contact the police tomorrow morning.

Today we met  fellow bloggers  http://nblikeducks2water.blogspot.com/ We had pulled over to go to Lidl when they came along and had a bit of a chat as they cruised past. So that's two bloggers met in under a week. ( Note to myself. Must start a 'bloggers I have met' list.) We discovered that Lidl was closed due to refurbishment but if we hadn't stopped we might not have met Jacquie and Stein. I'm a great believer that everything happens for a purpose and we were obviously meant to meet.

I have put together a few photos of Stourport. Well worth a visit but mooring in the Basin's looked to be very difficult. Only a few spaces and most of them overnighter's.

To the right by the Viking boat is the facilities.


The broad river lock.


Only two in the flight.


And the narrow ones. 2 sets of staircase both DIY but  the lock keeper is on hand to keep an eye on things.


Lock landing for the narrow locks.


In the fore ground is the single locks and in the distance to the left is the large broad locks.


 Up river and looking toward the locks


1 comment:

KevinTOO said...

Oh bugger, it looks like your generosity has been abused, how shameful! I've just done an online HPI check of the bike registration and it comes up as unknown by the DVLA, looks like he's a serious conman running on flase plates too.
So sorry that your kindness has been treated so poorly, please report the git to the police.
Kevin

Blog Archive