About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Mooring problems!

Last night a Excellent Afloat hire boat turned up. We watched as they tried several times to get into the side. I took pity on the couple and went over to lend a hand. After a brief conversation the bloke told me he could manage so I left them to it.

I went back to preparing dinner and when I looked out of the window again he was still across the cut. So Ian then went to see if he could be of assistance and was welcomed with open arms saying " help at last"! Was he a complete chauvinist not to allow me to help? Do I appear as a helpless female? It actually got me quite cross to think there are still men out there who think us females should be tied to the kitchen sink!!! Anyway Ian got them moored up and even had an offer of a pint at the pub to which I am very glad to say he declined. I should also say the lady with him didn't lift a finger to help confirming my theory that the kitchen is the best place for us women!

No comments:

Blog Archive