About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 11 June 2011

Is this an Orchid?

We went for a lovely walk with the woofits this morning. I was amazed at Judy because she acted just like a 2 year old. Must be the Metacam combined with the Turmeric she has every day or maybe it was  running through woods and meadows made her  puppyish again. I suppose it beats walking along the towpath all the time. After all I get the urge to do something different every once in a while. As we stepped of the beaten track the first thing I saw was this flower. I think its an orchid, probably not a rare one or the place would now be cordoned off. Its very pretty none the less.




This was the only one.


Another rare sight. A Jay. This one appeared very tame and seemed to pose for me while I took the photo.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep that's an orchid - I looked it up the other day because I couldnt' believe they were growing alogn the Wyrley and Essington Canal - it's an "early purple orchid'

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Blog Archive