About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 18 April 2011

On our way again

Ian arrived back at the Marina at 5.30pm. He should have been here hours ago but security at the airport, missing his train and then the bus meant we left later then planned. My stay here has been very pleasant and the added bonus was having a curry every night. ( Ian cant stand them so when he's away I have my curry fix.) We made it to Stenson and I was very surprised that we managed to get a mooring, Ian treated me to a meal at the Bubble and it certainly lived up to its reputation of huge portions. Next day we arrived at Sawley and met up with our old cruising partners Dennis and Margaret on their boat " Icing ". We have arranged to dry dock the boat at Kingfishers by Trent Lock over the Easter holiday and as well as Icing and our boat, Dave and Heather on Bracken will also be joining us. In the meantime we will wait by the dock until we can get on next Friday. 

I couldn't resist in taking this photo  This is Jade hogging all the bed. Judy had to make do with curling up by the fire. I'm sure the dogs have a better time of it then us and so I want to come back as a pampered pouch in my next life. I have started Judy on the Metacam and after two days have already seen some improvement. Long may it continue.


This Lapwing put in an appearance early this morning. The focus isn't right. Couldn't keep the camera still for long enough. I blame it on the eyes not working properly and the excess of wine the night before, but you can still just see what it is.


  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Somehow I dont think this is a Lapwing see here http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Lapwing&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7ACAW_en___GB345&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=65baTbvBCM2GhQfWkZjQBg&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1099&bih=579

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Maffi,

You are so right. I have looked in my trusty Readers Digest 'Book of British Birds' and I now think it could be a Redshank.

Regards,
Irene.

Blog Archive