About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 14 April 2011

New boat arrives in the Marina

One will see all sorts when biding ones time. After two days of scrubbing ( no rude remarks please!!!) the inside of the boat was as clean as I could get it. Amazing what a few months of soot from the fire will bring. You should of seen the muck that came from the ceiling. Anyway I decided I needed a well earned break and sat outside for a while watching the world go by. In the distance I spied a huge crane. I was convinced that a boat was arriving by lorry to be craned in at the marina. I was not wrong. I grabbed my camera and waited for the lift to begin. Took ages for them to get going and then when they did it was over in a few seconds. (Again no rude comments!! Unless its from the lady's!)


No comments:

Blog Archive