About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 2 April 2011

Local youths at it again

Maybe I should think back to my early days and what I got up to but I don't think our generation was as destructive as this generation. BW left their crane boat tied to the opposite bank which is great because the youths cant get to it but to leave ""Defra rash" surrounding the site was asking for trouble. Two of the society members found most of it thrown into the canal so out came the boat hooks to recover it . Not a lot more can be done except leave it on the side. To remove it could cause problems especially if someone falls in, and after all it is put up for a reason but I expect the majority of it will be back in the canal tomorrow just in time for the first boats leaving to have it wrapped round their prop!

1 comment:

Jo Lodge said...

You just have to love the little darlings. I would never have done anything like the youths do today. I knew if I miss behaved in anyway I would have been in serious trouble.

Blog Archive