About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 30 April 2011

'The' wedding day


Okay so I,m sad! I just love royal weddings. All that pomp and ceremony. Anyway we eventually got off the dock by 10am and the first thing I made Ian do was to put the aerial up! Out came the bunting and I bullied Ian into putting that up too. Then I settled down with a cup of tea and stayed on my chair until the wedding was over. Ian cleaned the boat roof while it was going on. Hes not one for all that soppy stuff.  I'm quite glad really because it meant I didn't have to do it!! I loved Kate's dress but her sister Pippa's dress was amazing. Oh to have a figure as gorgeous as that. Ian happened to come in when the bridesmaid appeared and watching Pippa was the only bit he was interested in. I wonder why? So... its all over now. Bunting is down. ( couldn't stand the noise with it blowing in the wind ) and now we sit and wait for the call to Milton Keynes to our son and daughter-in-law to say our third grandson is on its way. Due date is May 5th. Also our anniversary so its one date I wont forget!Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jo Lodge said...

I too watched the wedding. I thought the dresses were fantastic. The whole day was fantastic and you could clearly see that William and Catherine had a huge say in what was going to happen. When they drove out of Buckingham Palace in Charles car with the balloons was a lovely finishing touch. I so hope they will be incredibly happy.
Good luck with your new grandchild and Happy Anniversary xx

Jaqueline Almdale said...

Lovely blog! I watched the wedding too, from across the pond. Very impressed with William and Kate--seems like they truly love each other.

Congrats on the impending grandchild. If I'd known grandchildren were this much fun--I'd have found a way to have them first!! ;)

Blog Archive