About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Cement Lorry arrives



  Quite interesting day today. BW arrived as usual, fetched the crane boat from the opposite bank and then proceeded to lay  long sections of pipe toward the lock landing, A cement lorry turned up and discharged its contents through the pipe down to the cap between the bank and the cladding. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that the water would have been pumped out first before  the cement went in but that wasn't the case. I think its something to do with water displacement and solid matter but its just a bit to technical for me. Anyway the whole procedure took all morning and most of the afternoon with a total of 4 cement lorries having turned up. Tomorrow the coping stone arrives to finish it all off, but I will be interested later to see how many    " foot prints" will be in the cement. ( See post:- local youths at it again )

No comments:

Blog Archive