About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 25 February 2011

A traumatic start to the day


Today I woke early. Well early for me that is. At 7 10am I decided to get up and take our woofits out. Jade was eager to go as always but Judy seemed to want to stay in her bed. I called and called and eventually she jumped of the boat. No sooner had she started walking when suddenly her back legs gave way and down she went. Her head arched back and she started paddling with her front legs. It seemed for all the world that she was having a fit, but within 30 seconds she recovered and her tail started wagging again. By now Ian had heard my shouts and donned in an old tracksuit bottom rushed to my aid. Judy in the meantime, had managed to get herself up and looked at us as if to ask what all the fuss had been about. Well I couldn't stop shaking. I honestly thought her end had come. I still don't know what caused it. I think a trip to the vets is in order! In this picture Judy is at the back looking as if she hasn't a care in the world.

2 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Hi,

How's Judy today? What did the vet have to say?

Kevin

Ian and Irene Jameison said...

Hi Kevin,

Judy is fine. Her " funny turn" didn't seem to effect her. Our vet has advised us to keep a close watch and if she has any more, to take her back.

Blog Archive