About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 13 February 2011

Stockton Brook Locks


Two very nice stone sculptures by the locks. Both portray the potteries industry.
We had planned to make Endon today but the weather turned windy and very wet, so we have moored just passed Stoke boat club. Had a bit of a mishap on the way here. The Caldon is very narrow in places and bendy and as I came round a very sharp right hand bend, there in front of me was very narrow bridge hole. I completely got my steering wrong and although I missed hitting the concrete, I ended up in all the undergrowth on the left hand side. Ian was not best pleased as the thick foliage marked all the length of the boat. He has threatened me with L Plates if I get it wrong again.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive