About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Saturday 26 February 2011

It's a deer, dear!

Wow, what was that? Cruising along and admiring the views I suddenly saw something in the distance to make me sit up and take note. I put the boat hard in reverse. "Deer deer" I shouted to Ian, who came running up from the galley. What do you want he said. "No! no! deer deer" I said again. "Look" he said "I'm here now what do you want". Well I felt this could go on for ever so I pointed in the distance and finally he got the message. I think its a young stag judging by the size of his antlers. I really had to zoom in with my camera to get this shot.
Posted by PicasaIts amazing, Just like buses. You see one and more turn up on the way. These though were penned but the young stag was, like us, a "free spirit".

No comments:

Blog Archive