About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 20 December 2010

Ratty

Today started as any other day. -6 and freezing. Ian decided to take the dogs to the park and Jade fetched her ball to take with her. So that Ian's hand wouldn't get cold picking up the ball, I suggested he took our ball chucker which was in the front locker in the well deck. So I lifted the lid and as I pulled a towel out of the way, a large rat leapt out and frightened me to death!!! I screamed loudly! Ian came running thinking I had fallen through the ice only to find me laughing hysterically shouting "Rat Rat" Unfortunately I have no idea where it went. The cratch cover was open but so were the doors to our lounge. Hopefully he made a bid for freedom outwards and not into the boat. So far there is no sign of it. If we suddenly find bits of food missing and droppings all over the place then we are in a bit of trouble and a rat catcher will have to be purchased.


Photo taken from the internet

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive