About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Sunday 5 September 2010

Raised boat

We stopped at Hillmorton back in June. While we were boat sitting for Dennis and Margaret I spied this chap next to this boat. He was frantically trying to dry everything out by hanging bedding and soft furnishings over the hedge. I stopped to have a chat and he told me the boat had been sunk during the cold spell in January, February time. It had only just been raised and he hoped to salvage as much as he could. His last words to me was that a friend was coming to try and start the engine and tow it somewhere to be re fitted. So imagine my surprise when the boat was still there, and BW had put there dreaded AWARE notices up.Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive