About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Misty Nether Heywood

Posted by PicasaThe weather forecast looked bad again so after leaving we decided to make for Nether Heyford and sit it out. As we came in to moor a chap told us there were better moorings further round and it was nearer to the shop. Shop? What shop! All the times we have been passed through and haven't known that we could stock up with provisions. So armed with rucksack we made our way to the village. Guess what was also in the village? A tackle shop at the local fisheries ponds. I argued with myself. Should I get some bait? Would my wrist be able to cope with pulling in big fish? Off course it would!!!! So straight back to the boat for my bait box and a pint of maggots later started fishing for the "Big Uns " again. Needless to say I only caught tiddlers but the wrist held up and my quest for the big allusive perch has started.
The rain did come in as predicted but not as bad as made out. This picture was taken this morning before we set off for Stoke Breurne.

No comments:

Blog Archive