About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 21 July 2010

On the upper part of the Thames

Colin still wasn't feeling very well but he took the tiller for a while. He still blames his stomach ache on my chilli!


After being so apprehensive I actually took the tiller but not until we had passed the dangers of the clipper wash. We still had some large boats passing us and at one point the stern came right out of the water and the wave came over the back deck and ended up washing my feet for me.

No comments:

Blog Archive