About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Friday 23 July 2010

Mosely lock


Our second manned lock (Teddington being the first). When we entered one of the rules is to rope front and back and then switch the engine of. All was going so well until I had to try and throw the rope over a bollard. I tried several times and missed each bollard. I was getting a bit flustered by now and Ian was getting a bit irate because I hadn't secured the boat. In the end the lock keeper come over shaking his head and asked how far we were going. When I replied that we were going as far as we could he shook his head and said I had better get practicing on my rope skills as there were an awful lot of manned locks to negotiate.

No comments:

Blog Archive