About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Monday 26 July 2010

Back toward Shepparton lock

As I have the appointment at the fracture clinic, Ian had a look at the map and decided it would be easier for us to head back the way we came because the hospital was nearer to Chertsey then Penton Hook. We left on Monday and entered "the dreaded lock" again. The same lock keeper was on and as soon as he saw me he said" Now I'm afraid." I assured him I would be on my best behavior and as we were locking down, holding the rope was no problem. Took us about an hour to get back and after mooring went for a walk to see if we could find a bus that would take us to St Peters hospital. We struck lucky as the bus stop was almost opposite the entrance to our mooring. The bus runs every hour and would get us to the hospital with 5 minutes to spare. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

No comments:

Blog Archive