About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Thursday 5 November 2009

Loads of fish

Finally I managed to catch more then just a few fish. We had moored at Stafford boat club for a few days because Ian had to go to Nottingham to see the consultant. As I stayed with the boat and looked after the dogs, I took the opportunity to do a days fishing. These are just a few of those I caught. My best fish was a perch. Unfortunately I have no record of it as just as I was about to weigh it with a flick of his tail he jumped out of my net and back into the water. Now I am sure he would have weighed well over 3lb. He filled my landing net and it took me nigh on 15 minutes to get him in. This is not a fishy tale I promise you!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive