About Us

My photo
In 1977 we hired our first narrowboat from Anglo Welsh at Market Harborough.From that moment our destiny was set. In 2006 we finally purchased our own brand new 57' narrowboat which we named 'Free Spirit'. Our aim is to travel the length and breadth of all the navigable rivers and canals of the UK. This will be our story as it unfolds.

Wednesday 29 October 2008

My Kingfisher

I was ecstatic when this kingfisher landed just a few yards from the front of the boat. I hoped that it would stay put and eased the throttle back to slow done while struggling to find my camera which was conveniently at the back of the boat. Ian had been below and came up to see why I had slowed down. It was a good job he did because he managed to divert disaster which had been about to happen when the boat headed for the bank. I was to intent on capturing the picture of my kingfisher to see what was happening!Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive